The Nym Privacy Platform
The platform is composed of multiple Rust crates. Top-level executable binary crates include:
- nym-mixnode - shuffles Sphinx packets together to provide privacy against network-level attackers.
- nym-client - an executable which you can build into your own applications. Use it for interacting with Nym nodes.
- nym-socks5-client - a Socks5 proxy you can run on your machine, and use with existing applications
- nym-gateway - acts sort of like a mailbox for mixnet messages, removing the need for directly delivery to potentially offline or firewalled devices.
- nym-network-monitor - sends packets through the full system to check that they are working as expected, and stores node uptime histories as the basis of a rewards system ("mixmining" or "proof-of-mixing").
- nym-explorer - a (projected) block explorer and (existing) mixnet viewer.
- nym-wallet - a desktop wallet implemented using the Tauri framework.
.env.sample-dev file provided which you can rename to
.env if you want convenient logging, backtrace, or other environment variables pre-set. The
.env file is ignored so you don't need to worry about checking it in.
You can chat to us in Keybase. Download their chat app, then click Teams -> Join a team. Type nymtech.friends into the team name and hit continue. For general chat, hang out in the #general channel. Our development takes places in the #dev channel. Node operators should be in the #node-operators channel.
Node, node operator and delegator rewards are determined according to the principles laid out in the section 6 of Nym Whitepaper. Below is a TLDR of the variables and formulas involved in calculating the epoch rewards. Initial reward pool is set to 250 million Nym, making the circulating supply 750 million Nym.
Node reward for node
i is determined as:
Operator of node
i is credited with the following amount:
Delegate with stake
s' is stake
s scaled over total token circulating supply.
Licensing and copyright information
This program is available as open source under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license. However, some elements are being licensed under CC0-1.0 and MIT. For accurate information, please check individual files.