Rust Language Learning material
- Rust is blazingly fast systems programming language that prevents segfaults and guarantees thread safety.
- Originally Rust was designed by Graydon Hoare, Now it managed by Rust project developers.
- The first version of Rust was released in the year 2010.
- Rust is syntactically similar to C++.
- zero-cost abstractions
- move semantics
- guaranteed memory safety
- threads without data races
- trait-based generics
- pattern matching
- type inference
- minimal runtime
- efficient C bindings
Rust's Garbage Collector
- Rust uses a static garbage collector.
- It works on the principle of automatic memory management which means it automatically recycles the memory that will not be used again.
Companies Using Rust
- npm, Inc
- It's a build system and package manager built for Rust users to manager projects in it.
- The Cargo system manages three things for users, building code, downloading the libraries, and rebuilding those libraries.
- When a user runs cargo build command it automatically creates a file named as Cargo.lock to keep track of dependencies in the user application.
cross compilation to linux is achieved by running
cargo build --target x86_64-unknown-linux-musl
To cross compile to a static Linux binary, install