Rust On the FLy completion engine for Neovim.
It's 2021. I think the question you should be asking yourself is "Why NOT Rust?!?? (btw)"
- All configuration should be done on the Lua side of things.
- I will pretend vimL doesn't exist as much as possible at the moment.
- All completion is done via functions. I don't like variables. They are hard to deal with.
- Able to add completion sources via Lua
- Able to add completion sources via Rust (I don't know if this is possible, but it seems cool)
- Related to this might be the ability to add things via any remote plugin... idk.
- Snippets & related expansion
- I don't know how complicated we'll get with these, but I want to do some stuff with snippets so that I can figure out how we can implement the right stuff in Neovim core :)
- Builtin sources
- Builtin LSP
- Fuzzy buffer completion with bonus points for being close to the cursor
- ... your ideas here
- Can we bundle neovim, access the C codes for some completion sources and use them "async"-y from neovim itself...?
- Could be a fun project for messing around with C & Rust interop.