Universal Android Debloater GUI
DISCLAIMER: Use it at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that could happen to your phone.
This software is still in a early stage of development. Check out the issues, and feel free to contribute!
This is a complete rewrite in Rust of the UAD project which aims at improving privacy and battery performance by removing unnecessary and obscure system apps. This can also contribute to improve security by reducing the attack surface.
Packages are as well documented as possible in order to provide a better understanding of what you can delete or not. The worse thing which could happen is removing an essential system package needed during boot causing then an unfortunate bootloop. After about 5 failed system boots, the phone will automatically reboot in recovery mode and you'll have to perform a FACTORY RESET. So make a backup!
In any case, you can NOT brick your device with this software! That's the main thing, right?
- Uninstall/Disable and Restore/Enable system packages
- Multi-user support (e.g apps in work profiles)
- Export/Import your selection in
- Logging of all your action in the
NB : System apps cannot really be uninstalled without root (see the FAQ)
Universal debloat lists
- GFAM (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Microsoft)
- Manufacturers (OEM)
- Mobile carriers
- Qualcomm / Mediatek / Miscellaneous
Manufacturers debloat lists
Mobile carriers debloat lists
|Orange, SFR, Free, Bouyges/Sosh
|T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T
How to use it
- Read the FAQ!
- Do a proper backup of your data! You can never be too careful!
- Enable Developer Options on your smartphone.
- Turn on USB Debugging from the developper panel.
- From the settings, disconnect from any OEM accounts (when you delete OEM account package it could lock you on the lockscreen because the phone can't associate your identity anymore)
- Install ADB:
- Install Android platform tools on your PC :
$ sudo apt install android-sdk-platform-tools
$ sudo pacman -S android-tools
Red Hat Base:
$ sudo yum install android-tools
$ sudo zypper install android-tools
- Install Homebrew
- Install Android platform tools
$ brew install android-platform-tools
Check your device is detected:
> adb devices
- Download the latest stable release of UAD GUI here.
NOTE: Chinese phones users may need to use the AOSP list for removing some stock apps because those chinese manufacturers (especially Xiaomi and Huawei) have been using the name of AOSP packages for their own (modified & closed-source) apps.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will have to run this software whenever your OEM push an update to your phone as some uninstalled system apps could be reinstalled.
How to contribute
Hey-hey-hey! Don't go away so fast! This is a community project. That means I need you! I'm sure you want to make this project better anyway.