Wraps cargo to move target directories to a central location [super experimental]
cargo install --git https://github.com/sunshowers/targo --bin targo
Then, add this to your .zshrc/.bash_profile:
alias cargo='targo wrap-cargo'
See this comment on rust-lang/cargo for the execution model and considerations as of 2022-10-22.
Looking for co-maintainers
This MVP works for me and I only plan to add features as I need them. If you're a Rust developer who cares about this issue, and would like to help drive this project forward, please reach out to me at the email I use for my git commits with:
- some information about yourself
- why you're interested
- where you'd like to take this project
There's plenty to do:
- write tests
- add target directory management and garbage collection
- add configuration options
- stay up-to-date with upstream Cargo features
- add Windows support