What is Skybase?
Skybase (or SkybaseDB/SDB) is an effort to provide the best of key/value stores, document stores and columnar databases, that is, simplicity, flexibility and queryability at scale. The name 'Skybase' exemplifies our vision to create a database that has limitless possibilities. Skybase was previously known as TerrabaseDB.
Skybase is curently in an alpha stage, but can be used as a performant, secure and persistent key-value store.
- Download a bundle for your platform from here
- Unzip the bundle
- Make the files executable (run
chmod +x sdb skyshon *nix systems)
- First run
sdbto start the database server and then run
skyshto start the interactive shell
- Run commands like:
SET foo bar,
UPDATE cat mittenor
You can learn more about installation here
- Insanely fast: Scale to millions of queries per second per node
- Key/value store:
UPDATEand all that stuff
- Snapshots: Automated (and tunable) snapshots for stress-free backups
- Secure: Secure connections are built into Skybase with SSL/TLS
- Multithreaded: Designed to exploit all CPU cores
- Resource friendly: The database server doesn't need more than 1MB to run
- Convenient: Without the setup hassle and system-specific dependencies
(... and more on the way)
Until we release an official driver, you'll have to write your own clients — all you need to do is implement the simple and performant Terrapipe protocol spec.
A project which is powered by the community believes in the power of community! If you get stuck anywhere - here are your options!
This project strictly follows semver, however, since this project is currently in the development phase (0.x.y), the API may change unpredictably
Yes - we need you! Be it a typo, a bizarre idea, a dirty bug
You can see a full list of contributors here