Simple file sharing with client-side encryption, powered by Rust and WebAssembly
Not feature-packed, but basic functionalities are just working. Feature requests and PR are very welcome.
- Handy file sharing
- Handy text-snippet sharing
- Client-side encryption using
- Fast and safe implementations thanks to Rust
- Neat Web UI built with WebAssembly
- Asynchronous upload, encryption, download, and decryption on your browser.
Sharing file safely between two devices is quite annoying. Hardware mediums(like USB flash memory) can be useful, but sharing file between mobile devices or different operating systems are frustrating. You can go with third-party file hosting server or E-mail, but those are not safe and not good for your privacy.
Hako is web application, which gives you great compatibility among various devices and operating systems. Also, Hako uses client-side encryption, so no one can see your original file, even the Hako server.
cargo to build server. If you don't have it, follow the instructions in here.
cd ./server cargo build --release
Also, to serve your Hako server, running PostgreSQL server is required. See database schema.
# To install trunk, use: cargo install --locked trunk # To install tailwindcss, use: yarn global add tailwindcss
And build your WASM application.
trunk build --release
- or just plain username-password pair
- File expiry, download limit
- Or just LRU
- No PostgreSQL dependency
- By just using unix filesystem and small SQLite database?
- Performance gain using Web Worker
- CLI tool
- WASM can provide compatibility among various environment, and CLI downloader will provide good performance