Awesome Alternatives in Rust
A curated list of replacements for existing software written in Rust.
If you want to contribute, please read CONTRIBUTING.md.
I renamed the repository to "Awesome Alternatives in Rust". The original name was "Awesome Rewrite It In Rust". For more details, please refer to this issue.
Table of contents
- Development tools
- youki - An experimental container runtime written in Rust
autojump / z
- zoxide - A smarter cd command for your terminal.
- frawk - an efficient awk-like language
- nushell - An attractive structured shell
- eva - a calculator REPL, similar to bc(1)
- bat - A cat(1) clone with wings.
- oreboot - oreboot is a fork of coreboot, with C removed, written in Rust.
- xcp - An extended
- choose - A human-friendly and fast alternative to cut and (sometimes) awk
- delta - A viewer for git and diff output
- dog - A command-line DNS client.
- dua - View disk space usage and delete unwanted data, fast.
- dust - A more intuitive version of du in rust
- fd - A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'
- skim - Fuzzy Finder in rust!
- coreutils - Cross-platform Rust rewrite of the GNU coreutils
- hexyl - A command-line hex viewer
- xh - Friendly and fast tool for sending HTTP requests
- exa - A replacement for 'ls'
- lsd - An ls with a lot of pretty colors and awesome icons
- nat -
lsalternative with useful info and a splash of color
- fnm -
🚀Fast and simple Node.js version manager, built in Rust
- volta - Volta: JS Toolchains as Code.
- procs - A modern replacement for ps written in Rust
- frum - A little bit fast and modern Ruby version manager written in Rust
- rip - A safe and ergonomic alternative to rm
- stringsext - Find multi-byte-encoded strings in binary data
- please -
sudolike program with regex support written in rust
- hyperfine - A command-line benchmarking tool
- navi - An interactive cheatsheet tool for the command-line
- tealdeer - A very fast implementation of tldr in Rust.
- bottom - Yet another cross-platform graphical process/system monitor.
- ytop (no longer maintained) - A TUI system monitor written in Rust
- huniq - Filter out duplicates on the command line.
- paru - Feature packed AUR helper
- Zellij - A terminal workspace with batteries included
- starship -
☄️ 🌌The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- Amp - A complete text editor for your terminal.
- ripgrep - ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern while respecting your gitignore
- fastmod - A fast partial replacement for the codemod tool
- jql - A JSON Query Language CLI tool built with Rust
- gitui - Blazing fast terminal-ui for git written in Rust
- Lemmy -
🐀Building a federated alternative to reddit in rust
- libreddit - Private front-end for Reddit written in Rust
- just - A command runner and partial replacement for
- Shellharden - The corrective bash syntax highlighter